Target : A compression press with a hardening steel mould is used to make plastic
- 50g of plastic are inserted in the mould at ambient temperature.
- 30 pieces are produced every hour.
- The external dimensions of the mould are : 150 x 250 x 150 mm.
- The mould is placed between 2 plates of the press which dimensions
are : 250 x 400 x 50 mm each.
- The plates are insulated from the press by means of a rigid
insulating plate 15mm thick.
- The mould must be preheated at 200°C ( in 45 min while being closed
- The ambient temperature is 20°C.
Expect a regulation of each half part.
Calculation of the thermal balance :